Understanding Science 5
ISBN: 9966 49 246 1
AUTHOR NAME: James Karaka, Leah Nyangasi, Githui Kimamo
series (Revised Edition) is a product of thorough research and analysis of the existing course books in the market. It takes
cognisance of the fact that science is best learnt through doing rather than listening. As such,
it is a tremendous improvement of both the previous version of itself and any
other course book in the market. It emphasises challenges faced
by modern-day learner and presents concepts in the most simple and
easy-to-understand manner. It is developed in line with the revised curriculum
of 2003 and incorporates all emerging issues in Science!
The following features make the series a unique one and therefore the course
book series of choice for teaching Science:
- Concepts are organised in clear chapters written in simple language with
- short and easy-to-understand notes.
- Contain appropriate and full colour illustrations making them very attractive
- and pupil-friendly.
- Has Practice Exercises at the end of each subtopic, Revision Exercises at the
- end of each topic and a Chapter Summary of the main concepts learnt at the
- end of each unit for quick revision.
Understanding Science for Standard 5 (Revised Edition)is a detailed and comprehensive text that covers all the units outlined in Standard 5 Primary
Science syllabus. It is accompanied with a Teacher’s Guide, which is equally comprehensive with guidelines on how to improvise during practical activities.
The teacher’s guide contains answers to ALL questions in the Pupil’s Book.